ARE YOU OUR FUTURE COLLEAGUE?
Embedded Software Engineer (Project Manager)
- FLIGHT SEGMENT
- A permanent contract in a professional and stimulating environment (space sector);
- An attractive and complete compensation package in line with your profile and experience;
- An opportunity to challenge yourself in exciting projects using the latest technology;
- A company that really shows interest in its collaborators;
- Training sessions on regular basis.
In order to support our growth in a fast-moving sector, SPACEBEL is looking for an “Embedded Software Engineer (Project Manager)” to join the Space Segment Team. The position to be filled is located in our offices in Liège (Angleur) where a strong team meets every day in a serene climate that promotes exchanges and ensures respect for Human beings.
Attracted by our industry and passionate about IT systems, our ideal new colleague will master the entire development cycle of critical software and pay particular attention to the quality.
Under the responsibility of the Business Unit Manager, you will be in charge to:
- Develop software using UML modelling and C programming languages in accordance with space software standards and internal quality procedures;
- Write the technical documentation (in English and sometimes in French);
- Pilot and monitor the progress of the project in a role of overall management (planning, budget, resources, client);
- Work in an international environment: you will sometimes be able to travel for short periods in order to meet clients, partners or subcontractors.
- You have a master degree in engineering or computer science.
- You have at least 3 to 5 years of professional experience. Experience in the real-time embedded software sector and/or in the space sector is a real asset.
- You demonstrate a good capacity for project management: planning, distribution of tasks, monitoring, budget, supervision and coordination of the project team, internal reporting and contact with the client.
- You have an experience in the entire software development cycle from the engineering, specification and design phases to validation and qualification tests, including implementation, unit and integration tests.
- You have a solid knowledge of the C language, the principles of real-time programming and associated operating systems, such as VxWorks or RTEMS as well as the Linux environment.
- You are familiar with software engineering and you master formal software development methods, as well as languages, meta-languages, modelling tools and development environments, such as UML, XML, EMF.
- You are curious and open to learn new languages and systems. You are looking to improve yourself and contribute to the improvement of the processes for which you are responsible.
- You have a spirit of analysis and synthesis which allows you to estimate and prioritize your tasks. You are able to make a good management of time and priorities.
- You demonstrate good verbal and written expression skills allowing you to communicate effectively with all interested parties.
- You are fluent in French and English.
- Multitask and flexible, you demonstrate a real ability to work independently as in a team. You are a real "team player".