ARE YOU OUR FUTURE COLLEAGUE?
Remote Sensing Engineer
- EARTH OBSERVATION APPLICATIONS
- A permanent contract in the heart of a stimulating and dynamic professional environment.
- An opportunity to stand out on exciting projects using recent technologies.
- A company on a human scale that takes into account the well-being of its employees.
SPACEBEL is a software engineering company that has grown in the Space sector to become a recognised provider of innovative IT solutions and related IT services.
Our Earth Observation Applications Business Unit provides and manages Earth observation services and geographic information systems.
The main activities of the department are:
· Development and supply of services based on satellite and drone imagery for forestry and agriculture;
· Development and supply of services for risk management (floods, storms, ground movements, ...)
· Applications based on hyperspectral, multispectral, thermal, radar, high and medium spatial resolution and drone images.
An outline of your main responsibilities and duties :
· Automate and/or execute recurrent satellite and drone image analysis processes;
· Develop and/or optimise algorithms for the use of hyperspectral, multispectral, thermal and radar satellite imagery and especially the Sentinel constellation (1 and 2);
· Develop and maintain automatic processing chains for information extraction from satellite data;
· Providing information related to agriculture, forestry, risk management (floods, disasters, ground movements, etc.);
· Participate in Walloon and international projects;
· Represent the Business Unit at national and international conferences.
· You hold a university degree (in geography, bio-engineering, environmental science, remote sensing or computer science) and have good computer skills.
· You have acquired a 1st convincing experience in a similar environment.
· You are perfectly acquainted with remote sensing from optical and radar Space data, in particular Sentinel-1 and Sentinel-2 data.
· You are familiar with the following image processing tools:
- ESA toolbox (Sentinel-1 and Sentinel-2 data)
- SAR data processing
· You are comfortable with GIS (ArcGIS, QGIS, ...).
· You have demonstrated experience in Python programming and have worked in a Linux environment.
· You are no stranger to Big Data and Artificial Intelligence technologies.
· Knowledge of Docker, Kubernetes, Openshift technologies is an asset.
· You are fluent in French and English.
· You are autonomous, curious and a team player.